Total Pageviews

10 June 2009

Watching Cricket in the Mecca of Cricket!

Watching Cricket in Lords is such great an experience. I wish I could watch India play. But I couldnt manage to get tickets. If I look back, my family has always loved cricket, we all speak about cricket. And God gives me this opportunity to watch cricket in place where cricket was born. That was the place where Kapil Dev lifted the WORLD CUP 1983.
I went with my mates Fahim and Refayat from Bangladesh, William from Malowi, Taruna 4m New Delhi. I thank Fahim for booking tickets really early and we ended up in the first row, just after the boundary. I was in the long-off/ third man area where the ball doesn't go so frequently though! But the good thing was we were very close the cheer leaders :P
I cannot forget the proud in my dad's voice when i talked to him from Lords. As I said, we were a cricket family and my dad has always been a die hard fan of Kapil Dev and his 1983 stint. So, he said "Beta you are really lucky! Long way to go...". Small joys like these help us grow.

Finally it was one of my childhood dreams come true.

No comments: